Acupuncture is a holistic medicine that dates back about 2,500 years. The focus is on the interaction of all bodily systems to restore the health and well being of the whole person--body, mind, and spirit.
Everyone's body is unique, and responds to acupuncture differently. I practice an integration of five styles of acupuncture:
1)Traditional Chinese Medicine, primarily used for those with internal imbalances
2) Traditional Japanese Acupuncture, a light style of needling with those with needle phobia or anxiety
3) Myofascial trigger point release, for those with muscular pain from sports or injury
4) Alchemical Acupuncture, for emotional-spiritual well being and soul transformation
5) Floral Acupuncture, the application of flower essences to acupuncture points.
Meditation, visualization, moxibustion, massage and essential oils are integrated into the session if indicated. Every treatment is truly based on your unique needs and goals, and your body's wisdom. In your initial appointment, we will develop and discuss your treatment plan.
Private sessions are available in Bed Stuy Brooklyn and in Manhattan (Columbus Circle).
Acupuncture is a comprehensive medicine. It is especially useful for conditions that are exacerbated by stress, and also extremely effective for the following conditions:
* Chronic or acute muscular tension
* Back or neck pain
* Accident recovery
* Women’s Health: menstrual irregularities, fibroids, & fertility support
* Respiratory disorders: asthma, allergies, and colds
* Digestive complaints: IBS, diarrhea/constipation, cravings, & bloating
* Uro-genital complaints: cystitis, incontinence, urinary tract infections,
* Immune disorders
* Chronic fatigue
* Hormonal imbalances
* Stress or trauma
* Anxiety and worry
* Grief, disappointment
* Fears and phobias
* Anger, resentment, and frustration